It is important to listen to your body and the pain signals it sends. Any pain experienced is a signal something is wrong.
All too often we reach for a pain killer and ignore these messages. By masking the symptoms with drugs we overlook the cause, and only prolong the problem.
Common Causes of Pain Signals
- Behind each spinal bone are nerve rich facet joints, and these are a common cause of back pain. When these interlocking bones aren’t moving properly, it leads to discomfort and pain.
- Between each spinal bone are soft, pulpy discs. Any trauma causes these discs to bulge, and the resulting pressure on surrounding nerves also leads to discomfort and pain.
- Do Nothing – symptoms may get worse
- Bed Rest – may just prolong the problem
- Drugs – often only masks the symptoms
- Surgery – this should be a final last resort
By focusing on your spine and restoring its function through specific adjustments, stability can be returned and pain relieved. The discs and soft tissue that form such a vital part of your spine have a better chance of healing once nerve involvement is reduced.